Dublin and Kerry
Region: Dublin and Kerry
Principal Trainer: Gerry O'Sullivan
Cost: €1,550-€1,990 programme funding available if you meet particular criteria. Contact Gerry O'Sullivan for details. Additionally, there is an Early Bird rate of €1750, if full fee is paid 4 months prior to the course starting date.
Gerry O'Sullivan has over 27 years experience in training and in mediation and conflict resolution work.
• Practitioner Mediator of the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland and trained and certified in Civil & Commercial Mediation, Organizational & Workplace Mediation, Family Mediation,
Community Mediation and Mediation in Conflict Countries.
• Involved in the development of the Certificate in Mediation (HETAC Level 8) in the Law Faculty of Griffith College and principle lecturer on that programme.
• Delivered mediation training in the University of Limerick’s, “Masters in Peace and Development” programme
• Delivered conflict and mediation training internationally for Lawyers Without Borders in partnership with the Director of Training from CEDR, U.K.
• External mediator skills trainer with CEDR U.K.
• Assisted in the delivery of advanced Commercial Mediation training in Beograde, Serbia
• Assisted in the establishment of a Mediators Beyond Borders Chapter in the Law Faculty of Beograd University.
• Co-delivered training on Interest Based Bargaining (Management and Union Negotiations)
• Trained with CMP Resolutions, U.K. to work in the provision of Support & Supervision for Mediators
• Works as an assessor for Mediators’ Institute of Ireland accredited mediation training programmes
• Produced and published mediation film - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNx-WAoIlr
• Currently working on a book on the development and asking of questions in mediation
Training takes place in 3 modules comprising 3 days one week, 3 days three weeks later and the final 2 days after a gap of 3 weeks
September 13, 14, 15
October 4, 5, 6
October 26, 27
Assessments: November 9, 10 (Participants to attend one of these dates.)
SPRING 2018 - KERRY (Castlegregory)
Block 1 - March 28, 29, 30
Block 2 - April 11, 12, 13
Block 3 - May 3, 4
Optional Assessment dates - May 16 or 17. Participants will be required to attend just one of these dates.
Times: 9.00 to 17.30 each day
Hours in training:
94 hours in total (75 hours in class, 15 hours independent learning and 4 hours learning post training)
See above for information on upcoming training in Maharees, Castlegregory, Co.Kerry. The training will be based in the training facilities of Harbour House and Leisure Centre, equipped with swimming pool and sauna. Accommodation is reasonable at a special course rate of €40 per night. See www.maharees.ie for more details. Hostel accommodation is also available for €15 per night. Maharees is surrounded by sea on three sides and is breathtaking in its beauty. The course schedule will allow time for walking on the beaches, surfing, trip to the Island etc.
From Dublin, there are 3 flights per day to Kerry and 7 trains per day. Arrangements can be made for collection from the railway station and airport, if participants are arriving at the same time as each other.
Maximum number of participants on course: 6-8 where each participant has the trainer available to them for 50% of their role play practice.
Cost: €1,550-€1,990 programme funding available if you meet particular criteria. Contact Gerry O'Sullivan for details. Additionally, there is an Early Bird rate of €1750 (4 months prior to course starting date)
• 9.00 a.m. to 17.30 p.m.
This is a generic course for those who wish to work in any area of mediation. It covers workplace, community and civil and commercial disputes and an adapted version has been delivered by Gerry O'Sullivan in the University of Limerick to participants from the UL “Masters in Arts: Peace and Development Studies” programme. This training includes assessment for accreditation with the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland. If you pass this assessment you will be able to apply to the MII to practice as a “Certified Mediator”.
Participants will understand the concept of mediation and the framework required for carrying out professional and effective mediations. They will develop skills for mediating between parties in different contexts and will be well equipped to work as a mediator post successful assessment.
The process guidelines that will be used in the delivery of the Post Graduate Certified Mediation Training delivered by O’Sullivan Solutions:
SECTION 1 – INTRODUCTION
SECTION 2 - CONFLICT
SECTION 3 – HANDLING CONFLICT
SECTION 4 – COMPARING DIFFERENT TYPES OF DISPUTE RESOLUTION MODELS
SECTION 5 – PRINCIPLES OF NEGOTIATING AND BARGAINING
SECTION 6 – MEDIATION IN PRACTICE
SECTION 7 – MEDIATION SKILLS
SECTION 8 – PROBLEM SOLVING
SECTION 9 – APPROACH AND SKILLS CHECK LIST
SECTION 10 – THE MEDIATOR
SECTION 11 – THE MEDIATION FRAMEWORK – PROCEDURE & PROCESS
SECTION 12- ISSUES IN MEDIATION
SECTION 13 - TYPES AND MODELS OF MEDIATION
SECTION 14 THE USE OF MEDIATION
SECTION 15 – THE MEDIATORS’ INSTITUTE OF IRELAND (MII)
SECTION 16 – CLOSING OF TRAINING
Organisation: O'Sullivan Solutions Duration: 75 hours in class, 15 hours independent learning MII Approved: Yes
The MII accredits mediation training courses which meet set training standards.
The purpose of CPD is to ensure that Mediators keep their knowledge and skills up to date for the benefit of users of their service and for their own personal and professional development.