Kennedy Institute NUI Maynooth
EDWARD M KENNEDY INSTITUTE OF CONFLICT INTERVENTION
Summer Sessions Developing Professional Competence
Cognitive Systemic Mediation for Complex and High Conflict Cases with Judge Nancy Flatters CA
This is a rare opportunity for Mediators to work with the seasoned mediator and trainer and retired Judge Nancy Flatters from Alberta, Canada. Judge Flatters teaches participants to work in the Cognitive Systemic Model of mediation from the Milan School as advanced and developed by Dr. John Haynes. This style of mediation gives further practical skills to mediators in all contexts and in particular when working with complex cases and high conflict clients. Participants will:
• Learn about the theory of and practice using the Five Stage Haynes Mediation Model
• Explore the Role of the Mediator particular to this model of mediation the Role of Questions in Cognitive Systemic Mediation
• Develop proficiency asking different types of questions for different objectives and contexts
• Gain proficiency in being able to de-escalate conflict in the room to enable clients to work
• Develop skills using the model by practicing in family mediation and workplace contexts
Dates: 31st May and 1st June 9.30am to 4.30pm Price €250.00 for two days including work materials and refreshments: Discount of €55.00 applies for payment received by 19th May, 2017
All participants must be mediators registered with the Mediators Institute of Ireland or equivalent.
For further information please contact Catherine O’Connell 0879936237 Catherine.email@example.com
To book online please apply here https://shop.nuim.ie/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=1730032
“If you can’t see good in your clients, then dig for it!” John Haynes (1932 – 1999)
The MII accredits mediation training courses which meet set training standards.
The purpose of CPD is to ensure that Mediators keep their knowledge and skills up to date for the benefit of users of their service and for their own personal and professional development.