Avila, Bloomfield Avenue, Morehampton Road, Donnybrook, Dublin 4
7 CPD Points
Organisation/Trainer: Frances Stephenson and Brian O’Neill, Later Life Mediation www.laterlifemediation.com
Price: MII members: €150.00/Non-MII members: €175.00. Tea/Coffee will be provided at breaks in the morning and afternoon. Lunch is not provided. Facilities are available if participants wish to bring a pack lunch. There are also a number of cafes in the area.
This course provides an introduction for mediators to the specific knowledge base, sensitivities and complexities involved in mediating age-related issues in adult families.
The training hours are recognised by the MII for 7 CPD hours and by the Elder Mediation International Network (EMIN) for certification purposes.
For more information contact Later Life Mediation by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 087 390 2547
• Overview of the specific knowledge and skills required for Elder Mediation including Dementia, Capacity, Legal issues, Elder Abuse, Bereavement, Grief and Loss, Ageism and managing intergenerational dynamics
• Case Studies revealing the specifics of Elder Mediation
• The Emergence of Elder Mediation internationally and in Ireland
• Transfer of learning through skills practice
Participants will gain an insight into:
• the specific knowledge and skills required to function as an Elder Mediator
• the benefits of Elder Mediation to adult families
• challenges encountered by presenters in their own cases.
The course will be interactive and will allow time for discussion and questions.
Later Life Mediation is a not for profit company specialising in Elder Mediation and Training. Later Life Mediator mediators are internationally accredited with EMIN and members of the Mediators Institute of Ireland. www.laterlifemediation.com
First come, first served based on payment received. Email email@example.com for a booking form
Minimum number of participants is 12
The MII accredits mediation training courses which meet set training standards.
The purpose of CPD is to ensure that Mediators keep their knowledge and skills up to date for the benefit of users of their service and for their own personal and professional development.