MII Sharing and Learning Groups
A Sharing and Learning group provides an opportunity for between 6 and 12 Mediators to come together and share their mediation experience while learning from each other. To be a member of a Sharing and Learning group you must be a paid up Associate, Certified or Practitioner Member of the MII.
The activities which may be undertaken within a Sharing and Learning group include:
- MII Certified Members presenting a mediation case for discussion as part of their requirements for Practitioner Member status
- Each member of the group sharing mediation case experience to enable discussion and learning
- Members (Associate/Certified/Practitioner) raising questions about their practice and areas of interest
- Sharing information and learning through review of books, seminars and training events
- Each Sharing and Learning group should:
- Register with the MII using the Sharing and Learning Registration Form
- Include at least one Practitioner Member
- Record its activities to show attendance, agenda and presenter of case presentation
- Note attendance at meetings
- Nominate a coordinator who is responsible for registering the group with the Registrar of the MII, circulating the agenda, recording minutes and details of attendees
Note: Where possible, an agenda should be circulated to the group not less than 7 days in advance of the meeting, and include details of time, date and venue of the meeting.
If you are interested in starting a Sharing and Learning group in your area, please forward a completed Sharing and Learning Registration Form for the attention of the Registrar.
Currently listed Sharing and Learning groups.