32 CPD Points
Family & Separating Couples Mediation 32 Hour Course (Online)
Presented by RoundTable. Mornings from 9th February to 12th March 2021 Available Online Nationwide: To respond to the changing landscape of remote working environments, this programme is presented in its entirety as an online programme.
Fee: €990 CPD Course – Mediators’ Institute Ireland Accredited 32 CPD Points
For registration form please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Dublin: 01 5390212 Cork: 021 2339350
Course Timings: 9.15 a.m. – 12.45 p.m.
Module 1: Couple Dynamics - Engaging in the Process
• Understanding relationships and family dynamics • Conflict in family separation and divorce • Grief and loss during family mediation • Values of family mediation • Mediating in emotionally difficult environments
Module 2: Family Mediation Process
• The mediator’s role in family mediation • The family mediation structure and process • Preparing the agreement to mediate • Screening for safety and domestic violence • Family financial matters including family assets, maintenance, pensions and liabilities
Module 3: Children in mediation
• Direct consultation with children • The voice of the child • Parents and children’s needs through separation • Mediating parenting agreements • Family sessions
Module 4: Child Protection Issues
• Identification of child protection issues in mediation • Types of abuse • Mediator’s role and responsibility in child protection • Reporting procedures • Mediating parenting agreements in the context of child protection
Module 5: Family Law Matters • Separation and divorce legislation • Family and child protection legislation • Domestic abuse legislation • Drafting a mediation settlements (Agreement)
Module 6: Domestic Abuse and Screening
• Screening for domestic violence • Supporting victims of domestic violence during the mediation process • Mediation and domestic violence orders • Mediating with couples where domestic violence is present • Safe termination of mediation
Trainer – Ber Barry-Murray
Ber is an advanced accredited mediator with the Mediators Institute of Ireland, with 20 years experience as an active mediator, having qualified in the Family Mediation Service in 2000.
In addition to her extensive work in mediating with families, she is on the Council of MII, with responsibility for the family sector. She has led the team who developed the template and guidelines on Separation Mediation Settlements; Parenting Mediation Settlements and Child Support Mediation Settlements.
Ber is on the panel of assessors for Advanced Mediators with MII, on the panel of mediators for the Medical Council, and panels for mediation in some of the large universities. She has mediated cases in family separation/divorce, child issues (both direct and indirect work with children), foster and family law cases.
Ber designed the family separating couples mediation training for MII in 2010 and has delivered this programme since that time. She is currently involved in the revision of this course. She brings extensive experience to the training in working with families, and delivers a practical applied programme through case study application.
Click here for more information on Ber’s experience https://www.roundtable.ie/our-people
32 hours training is designed for Mediators who have successfully completed an MII recognised Certified Mediation Training Programme or similar certified programmes which meet the MII criteria, and are wishing to work in the area of Family (separating couples) mediation.
For further information please contact Myrtle@roundtable.ie, Telephone: (01) 5390212 (021) 2339350; or view our website http://www.roundtable.ie/
RoundTable is committed to protecting the rights and privacy of individuals in line with the Data Protection LegislationMII Approved: 0
The MII accredits mediation training courses which meet set training standards.
The purpose of CPD is to ensure that Mediators keep their knowledge and skills up to date for the benefit of users of their service and for their own personal and professional development.